I will give a deep sigh and regret missing Fashion Week because I like Italian style. For example…
- You could heat a small family home if you used the number of magazines I go through in a year as fuel.
- I can remember the layout of my favorite store in Bologna 10 years ago (Le giraffe). I can also remember the surprise of my worst Italian shopping experience – trying to describe what kind of underwear I wanted to a little old dialect-speaking woman who owned the only lingerie store in town and who clearly believed that the best underwear for a young woman resembles a diaper.
I will not regret missing fashion week because…
- I am a fashion mortal with no pending invitations to sit in the first (or last) row.
- I have enough space in my suitcase to take new clothes home, but I do not have enough money to buy the new clothes.
- It’s been more than a few years since I did the ankle-twistingly dangerous stiletto and cobblestones thing.
So, instead I did what most people do – I followed the bloggers, I clicked through the photo galleries, I envied the people in street style snapshots and I read about the trends dictated by the fashion gods.
Take a peek at what I found and let me know what you would wear!